EXTRA: big results in Russia
Official results of 2013 Russia National Contest in Advanced Class, that took place in Drakino Airfield (120 km south of Moscow) on July 02-07' 2013:
- number of participants: 23, out of which 12 pilots flew Extra planes (vs. 9 pilots last year) - more than 50%!
- team results:
- 1st place - Perm Region (Vladimir Kotelnikov+Valery Brazhnik+Mikhail Bezdenezhnikh, all - Extra 330LX)
- 2nd place - Moscow Region (Alexey Sisnev, Extra 330LX + Natalia Popova, Extra 330LC + Maxim Barabanov, Su-31M2)
- 3rd place - Novosibirsk Region (Vladimir Gavrilenko, Extra 330LX + Vasily Plotnikov, Extra 330LX + Sergey Zaytsev, Su-29)
- individual results:
- 1st place overall - Maxim Barabanov, Su-31M2
- 2nd place overall - Mikhail Bezdenezhnykh, Extra 330LX
- 3rd place overall - Valery Brazhnik, Extra 330LX
Based on these results Russian National Team will be represented by the following pilots at coming European Advanced Contest - 2013 in Poland:
- Master of Sports Mikhail Bezdenezhnykh - Extra 330LX
- Master of Sports Valery Brazhnik - Extra 330LX
- Master of Sports Alexey Sisnev - Extra 330LX
- Master of Sports Vladimir Kotelnikov - Extra 330LX
- Pilot Vladimir Gavrilenko - Extra 330LX
- Master of Sports Maxim Barabanov - Su-31M2
- Pilot Andrey Polikarpov - Su-31M2
- Dmitry Samokhvalov - Su-31M2
First time in the Russian aerobatics history 5 pilots out of 8 will represent Russia at European Advanced Contest - 2013 flying Extra planes.
This is already a second year in a row when Extra planes dominating in Russia National Advanced Contest creating a solid foundation for the coming successes of Extra aircrafts in Russian unlimited category.